Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Glam: Music from the 80's

Throughout my four years at Western University, my theatre performing fell somewhere near the end of my priorities list. Between homework, social life and working, I really didn't feel that I had enough time during the week to commit to a musical. Although there had been a club at Western that put on musicals, nothing really ever caught my attention or drew me in. As the end of fourth year creeped up on me, I received a message from my old singing instructor, Erin Bree. She asked me if I was going to be moving home after I graduated, and considering my aching back account and upcoming new scholarly endeavours, I told her yes. This is where my exciting journey with "Glam: Music from the 80's" starts. This show is an hour and a half revue of all of the best 80's music. It is also exactly the songs you are thinking about right now and so much more. It features hits from legends such as Whitney Houston, Madonna, Heart and of course Journey. A few tunes that I will be belting out include 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' by Whitney Houston, 'I Want Candy' and a few more you will have to come to hear!

I have the privilege of sharing the stage with six outstanding female adult voices, and four talented teenage singers as well. At first, the thought of having to sing with such amazing talented women was a bit intimidating. I haven't done a theatre show in over four years and now am throwing myself right back into the swing of things. But, as we began rehearsals at the beginning of September, there was one thing that became very clear to me; I could still do it. Despite the fact that I hadn't been performing as much over the past few years, I still had the confidence and skills to be part of a great show. Every single person in the cast has the talent, drive and support in each other to get through the tough dance rehearsals and long vocal practices. As of right now, the cast and I are in high gear prepping for the final performances that are right around the corner. The last few weeks of any show are crunch time because no one wants to be the one who forgets when the last box step is in the dance number. Hopefully it isn't me! This show is guaranteed to have everyone in the crowd moving and singing along. The show features songs that everyone knows and secretly loves! If you are looking for something to do on Friday November 8th or Saturday November 9th at 8pm, come on out! The show will be performed at the Citadel Theatre in Hamilton with tickets at $22. For more show details, check out Erin Bree Production's for all things Glam. I am so thrilled to be back in the theatre, sharing my voice and some great music with everyone! Enjoy the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment